Thursday, June 5, 2008

Baseball Swing = Great Golf Swing

I have been teaching golf since 1982. If I had a nickel for everytime a new client would apologize for having a baseball swing I could retire...not that I would...I love teaching too much to ever stop!

Let's get this right out in the open... good baseball / softball swings translate into good golf swings. No more apologies please...it's really good news that you could knock in those runs for your team. In golf, you simply want to swing at those pitches that are in the dirt. Running after hitting wouldn't be a bad idea either. It would improve your cardio-vascular health and it would speed up the rounds!

Thanks to my man WS in Concord, NH, who always helps me stay in touch with great golf articles, I would encourage you all to visit www.nytimes .com and check out this article: "Just Do It All" by Bill Pennington. It was published on 6/2/08 and is spot on.

I often get asked about youngsters playing other sports and I'm all for it. Anything that will improve motion, balance and concentration is always going to benefit the golf swing. Plus, allowing kids to be kids and experiencing a variety of sports and forging new friendships is what being a kid is all about. They are NOT miniature adults...a topic for another day.

So grab that golf club, step into that golfers "do" box and swing to a balanced finish. There will be joy in Muddville if you repeat on a regular basis.

Keep Swinging!

Jane

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice one Jane.
You should blog more often :)